Swim Parents' Responsibilities
Unlike other sports, swimming requires many parents to help at every meet. Below is a list of ways you can volunteer to support your child's swimming program. We will only need help at the four swim meets, so there should be enough parents to spread out the fun.
Help to Staff Meets (Home & Away)!
We need a minimum number of volunteers to host a home swim meet. Here are some of the kinds of jobs that are in need of parent volunteer help:
PLUS...your help is needed for
- Timers - One for each lane. The timer will record time independently to the hundredths. Ex: 2:09.05
- Starter/Announcer - Speak slowly, yet loud enough to introduce events.
- Runners - Collect time cards and deliver them to scorers' table.
- Scorers - Record results from cards to the official score sheet.
- Ribbon Recorders - After race is finished, give ribbon to swimmer.
- "Staging Assistants" - these are critical volunteer positions for the swimmers. They are on deck and help to line up the swimmers in advance of their events. We never want a swimmer to miss their race! So we need as much help here as we can get!
- Pre staging assistants - these are also critical volunteers. They get the younger swimmers to the deck in time for their events.
- Computer Assistants - Training Provided for HY-Tek Meet Manager
- Officials & Judges:
Place Judge - Independently call and record the finish place of each swimmer and relay the order of finish to the recorder.
- Stroke & Turn Judges - Ensure proper stroke technique and announce any disqualifications to the meet referee.
look for SIGN UP SHEETS at registration
and at the pool
prior to every meet
Please offer your services to help the team
MANY THANKS IN ADVANCE!
- Set up
- Clean up
- Concession Stand
- & the donation of baked goods and other food creations!