Our coach - Bill Brown
Summary of Qualifications for Bill Brown
- Experienced professional - ability to coach all ages of swimmers, from beginners to national caliber swimmers. Also coach internationally in Germany with several different nationality swimmers.
- Strong interpersonal skills - ability to establish and maintain working rapport with swimmers, parents, coaches and officials.
- 1980-1984 Judson High School Swim Team, Converse, TX
Position: Coach and trainer with Coach Bill Tooke. Duties included training the Judson High School swimmers.
- 1973-1984 Randolph Swim Team, Randolph AFB, TX
Position: Head coach age group swimmers from ages 5-20 years. Team consisted of beginners to nationally ranked swimmers.
- 1971-1973 Berlin American Aquatic Club, Berlin, Germany
Position: Head coach, Aquatics Director Berlin Brigade. Duties included starting and coaching first American age group swim team in Berlin for military families as well as foreign nationals, a scuba diving club, and a learn to swim program for children and adults, and a water survival training program for Berlin Brigade troops. In addition, in charge of two indoor swim complexes with a staff of 28 employees, military as well as civilian.
- 1970 Montclair Swim Club, Augusta, GA
Position: Head coach summer league swim team
- 1968-1970 Randolph Swim Team, Randolph AFB, TX
Position: Head coach age group swim team from beginner to Junior Olympic Champions. Swimmers competed in both beginning level competition and more advanced swimmers in the Texas Age Group Swim Championship
- 1969-1970 El Dorado Swim Club, San Antonio, TX
Position: Head coach age group swim team. Trained future U.S. Olympic Gold Medal Champion Bruce Hayes as age group swimmer.
- 1966-1967 Trained under U.S. Olympic coach Don Easterling at Arlington State College, Arlington, TX. Trained and competed with future U.S. Olympic Gold Medalist Doug Russell and Jerry Heidenreich.