Thank you to our volunteer parents. As you can see by the participation (in the this table) we have had a great response to the request for help. We really cannot do this with just a few of you. We need you all!
Here is are the job descriptions for the various volunteer positions we need for the team.
Swim Team Meet Volunteer Position DescriptionsPositions on the deck
- Timers 3 per lane
- Timer 1 Times and verifies swimmers name
- Timer 2 Times and verifies event and heat
- Timer 3 Times and records times on the Lane/Timer sheet and circles the official time.
- If there are three times take the middle time as the official time. If there are only two timers the times are averaged by the data entry volunteers and the average is the official score.
- Wranglers Will manage Pool Shark swim meet participants in designated holding area. Wranglers will write Event /Heat/Lane on each swimmers arm. They will organize swimmers according to their events and heats and get them to the ready bench. The ready bench consists of 4 rows of 4 chairs arranged behind the starting blocks poolside. While the ready is bench being loaded wranglers will organize the swimmers in sequence of events/heats/lanes. Once the ready bench is empty the next set of swimmers will proceed to the ready bench.
- Set up/Take down The set up volunteers will set the pool up for the meet the night before the meet. The volunteers will meet at the diving well at 7:00 pm to set up. Take down occurs when the meet is over. The meet equipment is removed from the diving well and put away. The pool chairs are arranged as they were before the meet and any litter is thrown away. The pool needs to be ready for Alamo Heights Pool Guests.
- Concessions - Purchase, set up and sell concessions at the home meets.